Saturday 13 October 2018

The Week of Much Bussing


I probably could've wrote this post last week, but with the holiday weekend, it just slipped my mind.

Last week set a record for the amount of times I've been on a city bus in a week. Three trips, one both ways and, as a bonus, most were during rush hour! One of those trips was intentional, another regrettably necessary, and a third was spur of the moment.

The first outing was just a typical trip to downtown Ottawa and back, making the most of a day off with nice weather.

The second trip, later in the week, was an unfortunate necessity because of a screw up by Para Transpo. This turned into a three-hour tour of a bus trip home, preceded by a cab ride from work, and nearly two hours waiting outside work before that. Also, it was raining, because things had to suck just a little bit more at that point!

The last and best of the week's bus-related experiences happened on Thursday afternoon. Ottawa had been graced with some unusually summer-like weather and, still seething from my last foray, I decided to cancel my ride home that afternoon, push home care back about an hour, and get a cab downtown for a few hours to enjoy the late afternoon. I even experimented with a slightly different route which stopped right inside my subdivision, so I had a shorter walk home than usual.

Just a unique, fun and, at one point unfortunately, nutso experience I felt needed to be written about.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment