Saturday 30 October 2021

Off the Shelf And Through the Isles

 


Very interesting afternoon, today.

I went for my monthly haul of comic books, as per usual. Like I have for the past several months, I donned my mask, used the hand sanitizer the shop graciously had at the front entrance, and went about my business.

What was interesting was the amount of people and activity in the store. With the exception of the aforementioned COVID protocols, it was the first time in nearly two years that truly felt normal. There were no line-ups to get in, there were quite a few people in the shop, and it was busy (without being crazy). 

This was also the first time since the store re-opened last June that I browsed through the shelves without calling ahead to get something set aside. I even got everything I was looking for, plus a free comic!

The interestingness continued. On the way home, we needed to make a grocery run. So, mask back on and into the store. Again, a very busy place.

Throughout the pandemic, grocery/Big Box stores have typically been the one place to cause me any kind of anxiety or hesitation, probably stemming from having a minor panic attack in a produce section Spring of 2020. Today though, was the first time I can say I entered a decently packed grocery store with no nerves whatsoever!

I probably saw more people today than I have in just about two years, which is really weird. Something to get used to.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment