Saturday 2 October 2021

My Rare Disease Playlist 2.0 - No Swears Edition

 



Sadly, I won't be able to attend this year's JS Board retreat. However, I've still been able to do some pre-retreat activities, like send my picks of three songs that inspire, uplift, or conjour up a good memory.

For some ideas and inspiration, I turned to a post I wrote a couple years ago where I created my own rare disease playlist, songs that perk me up or get me pumped when I'm down. 

But, this was for a Board function and I doubt my mix of hard rock, goofiness, and profanity would be deemed appropriate.

Instead, I created a second playlist. A decidedly more G-rated, family friendly, "no swears" playlist.

Like the last one, there's still some classic rock, animation, and even some alternative stuff, but it gels a lot more with what others might call inspirational.


Run With Us - The theme song from The Raccoons (older Canadian cartoon, one of my favourites)

Roll Me Away by Bob Seger - I prefer the live version. Reminds me of both my Dad and one summer at Camp Merrywood where some counsellors brought in a pick-up truck full of junk food and blared classic rock for a tailgate party.

Lean On Me by Blue Mountain - Any version is good, but this is by a reggae group whose video I found randomly on YouTube.

Standing Outside The Fire by Garth Brooks

Never Surrender by Corey Hart - My song according to my parents.

Shine by Collective Soul

Higher Love by Steve Winwood

I Am Mine by Pearl Jam

Hold My Hand by Hootie and The Blowfish

Son of  Man by Phil Collins - from Tarzan


Then, I just picked three at random and emailed them off.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment