Saturday 23 October 2021

Cell Therapy

 


*Disclaimer: This post reflects my own health and experiences.*

I've wanted to write this post since I started The Rare Writer almost eight years ago, but I know it's a controversial topic so I held off, kind of keeping it in the back of my mind. But, I feel it's something that was important to write, so here goes.

When I was about six years old, my health and development started to backslide a little. I had had a couple procedures that didn't go so well, and my parents went looking for help.

One source of help came in the form of cell therapy, and a Dr. Schmit from Germany. Immediately upon meeting my parents and me, Dr. Schmitt identified what was wrong with me, and recommended the cell therapy to help with my coordination, lung function, and immune system.

Over the next five or six years, I took the treatment. This involved taking oral filtrates for my lungs and central nervous system and getting injections in my butt, which was always such a pleasant experience. So much so, in fact, that one session was where I learnt to swear!

But seriously though, the cell therapy seemed to have a rapid impact. According to my parents, I could climb stairs, get in our car unaided, and catch a ball within months, if not weeks, of the treatment. 

As good as it was, cell therapy wasn't the sole cause for my improvement. My parents had started me on at-home physio while I was receiving treatments. We would move to a house with an in-ground pool that was both fun and therapeutic. And it was only a little later that I would start taking Taekwondo and eventually attend sessions at Easter Seals' Camp Merrywood during the summer. 

This isn't any kind of recommendation, just something I finally felt like sharing, so thanks.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment