Monday 11 June 2018

Global Community


Reading about this weekend's G7 summit as a Canadian, all I could hear in the back of my mind was the chorus to "Why Can't We Be Friends" by War.

I don't pretend to know the first thing about tariffs or trade and, frankly, I don't really want to. However, and I've said this before, I can't stand bullying, and that's something I did see happen this weekend. I'm very impressed with Canada's Prime Minister Trudeau, standing up for both himself and the country the way he has.

It's an example I think the world needs right now. We need to stand up to bullies, without being bullies ourselves. We, as a whole, also need to reach out to each other and work together, as best and safely as possible, and not alienate ourselves from each other.

We're a global community, whether we like it or not, so we might as well act like it, be nice to each other, and at least try to get along.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting that. I really like how you put it. I was impressed too how he stood up for the country.

    ReplyDelete