Sunday 17 May 2020

Not Shocked At All



Recently, the social media/video creation service Tik Tok has come under fire for something called the Autism Challenge, where users record themselves dancing in a manner that insults people with disabilities.

The company has already received a lot of pressure through online petitions, Twitter campaigns, and other means to take down the videos and put a stop to the challenge. Despite the outrage, Tik Tok doesn't seem willing to do anything.

I wish I could say this surprises me but, honestly, not one bit of it does. At this point, nothing like this really shocks me anymore. Sure, I still find it awful, but I figured something like this would eventually happen anyway. It's just the way some people are, unfortunately.

I also wish I had something more positive to add to this post, but I don't. I will say that I've never had any interest in the platform or in uploading videos of myself, period, and this is probably why.

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment