Sunday 31 May 2020

National Accessibility Week



This week, May 31st to June 7th, is National Accessibility Week, and I'm planning on doing a lot.

I've found out about an event through work about the Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Canadian government's wider role in accessibility in the country. I've never really done much to learn about Canada's history with accessibility and other disability issues, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

Tuesday also marks the start of Enable Ottawa, an event organized by Carleton University about innovation and accessibility. I've been before in person, but given current circumstances, this year's presentations will be held online and focus on accessibility in the world post-COVID.

And not directly related to Accessibility Week but within the topic, I've registered for a free writer's convention next weekend in order to stream a panel about disabled characters in fiction. Really excited for this one!

Will probably post something at the end of next week as a wrap-up.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment