Sunday 31 May 2020

Fiction Month


During April and a little bit of May, I did a month of writing prompts to keep me busy. Some were lists, some were small journal entry-type pieces, and a few I made into blog posts.

For June, I want to do another writing month, but this time I'm making my own. The focus will be fiction, specifically prompts revolving around the characters and creatures I've come up with from Scriptwriting projects, the comic I pitched, or fun stuff I've done in my spare time.

One thing I like to do when I'm feeling bored but creative is to go on a website called Heromachine  and create my own superheroes and villains. Some of these characters have been floating around in my head for ages, including an entire comic book universe worth based off of a one-act play I wrote!



 I've managed to save thumbnails of many of these characters to a memory stick and I figured it'd be a fun exercise to try and come up with origins for many of them.

The second part of this latest writing project involves Cryptic, the original TV series I pitched in Scriptwriting and comic I tried to create based on cryptozoology, the search for Bigfoot and other creatures.

On that same memory stick that had all my super-characters, I found a ton of Cryptic notes, both from the show and several comic ideas.

When I'm not writing origins for heroes and villains, I want to try and write a couple short (one to two page) stories based a round those ideas, as well as to create my own original cryptids.

Hope I can stay motivated long enough to finish everything!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment