Thursday 9 February 2023

A Little Analytics

 


Out of curiosity, I've started to do some analytics on the blog. 

Nothing too intense or technical. I just noticed that the number of views on my posts have dropped significantly over the past couple years, so I went through and tried to pick up on any trends, good or bad, that might help me out in the future.

I started by making a list of every post I've written that's had views in the triple digits, recording the title, subject matter, date posted, and view count. From there, I whittled that down to a Top Ten list, making note of the same details. The highest ranking, my very first post, is almost in the quadruple digits! Something that surprised me about this list, was the fairly wide variety of subject matter. They ranged from simple "I did a thing"-type posts about work and homecare, to some of my more creative posts like "Life After 24" and "Mutant and Proud." 

After my Top Ten, I went through the blog focused on finding my personal favourite posts. These ran the gamut. High view counts, posts with hardly any views, series, ultra serious, or inspirational posts, fun and goofy stuff. It didn't matter, as long as I enjoyed writing it.

Then I went in the other direction, listing my least favourite posts. A lot of ranting, whining, or sounding like a know-it-all in this selection. Really, anything that made me think "Why??" on a re-read.

Not sure of what, if anything could come of this, but still, an interesting and thought-provoking little exercise.

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment