Friday 30 December 2022

Review of 2022

 


2022 started off low-key, but quickly escalated into quite an eventful year.

A lot of reading, writing, and ranting to start, then things turned into a bit of a whirlwind, at least compared to the past two years.

Mid-Winter, I threw caution to the wind and booked a Bucket List trip to Drumheller, Alberta for early in the Summer. 

The week of my birthday the end of May was the year's first big event, and that seemed to kick off the comparative craziness. Ottawa Ribfest, a couple appointments, and a trip back into the office to renew a badge and clear out my desk came in rapid succession. 

Early in June, I was informed that PSPC would not be renewing my contract. It was a shock, but understandable, and LiveWorkPlay quickly had an offer for a two-year Administrative Assistant contract with the Northern Canadian Economic Development Agency, which I happily accepted.

A lull in activity came right in time for my trip out West. One of the worst flights I've ever been on preceded one of the best vacations I've ever been on!

Western-ish stuff, prairie dogs, and dinosaurs everywhere!


Once home, I was avoiding the Summer heat and preparing for the upcoming new job. Para Transpo and home care were set back up and I was psychologically preparing myself to be back in public for the first time since the start of the pandemic.

Work with CanNor started in August.  Para Transpo worked well, I was decently busy, working with some nice people, and it was great being downtown again. Unfortunately, after two-and-a-half years of being okay, I finally got COVID in September and spent the majority of the month getting over it.

The rest of the year was fairly packed and productive. The weather, thankfully, was nice enough to allow me to get out lots. More work, with some new, interesting tasks, and a return to Syracuse, New York for a family Thanksgiving barbecue lunch.


Christmas was pretty great, too.

A couple things tentatively planned for 2023, but I'll save those for another post.

Cheers and have a Happy New Year!







No comments:

Post a Comment