Tuesday 6 December 2022

Something for the Playlist

 


Between a cold most of last week, recovering from a dental extraction since Friday, and an unusually crazy past two days of work, it's been something else the last little while.

I've been turning to YouTube and music to keep me in decent spirits or help me unwind, and I've made a pretty impressive find: Celtic Metal. Traditional bagpipes, fiddles, flutes, etc, even some tribal-sounding stuff, mixed with loud, hard rock.

I saw a video a few years ago of three women doing bagpipe covers of Shipping Up To Boston by Dropkick Murphys and Enter Sandman by Metallica. Really good. I watched it again recently, and browsed through the related videos. Lots of good stuff, including the channels of two of the three performers. 

One specific channel I found, and I've been a little hooked on ever since, is for a group called Celtica. Their music is really good. Harder stuff, but they have some softer tracks as well, like a phenomenal version of Amazing Grace. Kind of nerdy too, which was an added bonus. Lots of steampunk, medieval aesthetic at times, and a bit of cosplaying. Highly recommended!

Cheers 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment