Thursday 22 December 2022

Christmas Tradition

 


*Christmas writing prompt*

All the way back during Christmas of 1988, my parents started to make a video tape for me. 

Along with a children's craft show, a holiday-themed episode of a soap opera my Mom (and I, later on) used to watch, and many vintage commercials, my parents recorded Mickey's Christmas Carol, ALF's Christmas Special, and several regular episodes of ALF (was/is/always will be my all-time favourite TV show!)

Nearly every Christmas for the last thirty-four years, I've taken a day to dust off our VCR, slide in the VHS, curl up with a hot chocolate (and cookies if they've been made yet), and relive part of my childhood. And also have a bit of a good cry...

I'm officially on break, so I'm planning on doing this some time tomorrow, shortly after baking a batch of my Nanny Perkins' ginger snaps.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment