Friday 19 March 2021

The First Time I Truly Hated The Pandemic

 

Missing this


It's been one year this week since the city of Ottawa first went into lockdown because of COVID.

Overall, I've been pretty chill over the last twelve months, even enjoying things at times. Last night; however, was the first time I can say I truly hated this pandemic.

It wasn't Ottawa's current dip back into the "Red Zone" or the prospect of working from home for another year that rose my hackles. What set me off was a lot simpler: HBO Max isn't available to Canadians! That's right, I'm ticked about a streaming service. 

In the Fall, it was announced that, because of the pandemic, many Warner Bros movies, like Godzilla vs. Kong and Mortal Kombat would stream on HBO Max at the same time as their theatrical releases. 

I haven't been to a movie theatre since New Years 2020, so this got me very excited. I was all set to purchase HBO Max yesterday, when I read about it's lack of availability in Canada. That itself didn't bother me. Canada has Crave, which streams HBO content. So, I looked at that, and that's when I read that Crave will not be streaming those aforementioned movies. Not going to lie, I was upset. 

It's the definition of First World Problems, and I'm also aware that those films will likely be released to greater audiences shortly after they premiere, so I'm okay with it. It was just that that announcement back in October filled me with such hope that the revelation was a punch to the gut.

Okay, done complaining. Now life can go on.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment