Friday 12 March 2021

And This Is Why I Watch Cartoons...

 


Recently I've been scouring YouTube, looking for every retro, late eighties to mid-nineties-era cartoon over a certain number of episodes. I've found a dozen so far, most of which I fondly remembered, some I'd forgotten about, and one or two I didn't even know existed. 

Shows like Mummies Alive and Mighty Max were still really fun. Wild West Cowboys of Moo Mesa and My Pet Monster were dated, yet nostalgic. Then there were programs like Tales from the Cryptkeeper and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs that left me like "Why did I ever like this??"

All in all a great trip down memory lane, but also a rather necessary escape from reality. 

I can't be the only one thinking the world has gone mad now, right? Every time I see one bit of news lately( which is rare to begin with), it seems like it's something negative: violence, bullying, racism, people being defiant or, I'm sorry, stupid when it comes to COVID. Just no civility whatsoever!

I don't know. Maybe I'm focusing too much on the crazies. Or just maybe super-mummies and anthropomorphic cows are that much more entertaining than real people!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment