Monday 1 February 2021

It's The Little Things

 


Sure, I'm looking forward to the days when I can go back into work, attend a comic convention, and see my grandparents, but I've also realized this year that it's crazy how much you miss the little things in life.

When COVID ends, and we can resume our regular activities, there are a few, simple pleasures I want to indulge in again.

First off, I want a proper hair cut! Not just one from my mother, but one from Imperial Barber, my go-to shop. Preferably with breakfast from McDonalds beforehand or, better yet, from somewhere my Dad and I can sit down in!

Second, I want to browse through a bookstore. 


I've been in my local Indigo, as well as my favourite comic shop and some other places when they've been open over the past year, but I've never lingered. So, when we get the "all clear", I plan on going somewhere to spend a decent amount of time hunkered down, lazily cruising through the shelves.

And finally, whenever international travel opens up again, I'd like to go across the border, into northern New York, and drop a small chunk of change at Price Choppers on nothing but good American junk food. Fritos Twists, Payday bars, Peanut Butter Crunch, and Arizona sweet tea: no decisions, I'll get 'em all!

I could order it or make my own, but it's just not the same!

Some day soon, hopefully!

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. That all brought a smile....of anticipation. It's the small things in life.

    ReplyDelete