Sunday 7 February 2021

Updates From Reality

 

With the pandemic, lockdowns, and recent posts about superheroes, monks, and mammoths, it seems almost alien that I would be writing about anything that's really happened to me recently. But, here we are!

A couple weeks ago, I received a request through the JS board for an interview from Healthing.ca, a Canadian medical website. After some email-tag caused by technical issues, the writer and I set a date and time of this past Wednesday afternoon.

Things went very well. I was asked about Joubert syndrome itself, what causes it, and its characteristics. Then we talked about when I was diagnosed, how it happened, how I felt, and finding the Joubert Foundation and community. After that, it was about me, growing up disabled, hobbies and pastimes, work, and my time on the board. Finally, I was asked about how I've been doing during COVID. I'll be sure to create a post with the article once it's published.

And lesser, random note, but one that seems bigger during these times, I managed to use up an entire gift card from Christmas. It's the little things...

Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment