Thursday 8 November 2018

I Fought The Tub And The Tub Won

Not mine, but surprisingly similar.

Hi Blogverse. How was YOUR Tuesday morning this week?

Mine was just awesome. That is, if you consider falling face-first into a bath tub, causing a sizable gash over your eye, then needing stitches an a tetanus shot awesome.


Yep, that happened.

Got up for work Tuesday morning, immediately felt nauseous, ran for the bathroom. Trying to get down in case I got sick, I must have blacked out for a moment, so I grabbed the shower curtain and fell over, hitting my head. Most people might put their arms out in front of them to prevent injury in a case like this. Unfortunately, my brain just doesn't work that way.

Having been woken up by the various crashing, my family saw the blood dripping down my face and suggested I get checked out.

I went to Emergency in Winchester, where we used to live and was seen immediately. Winchester's a pretty small area, so one of the main nurses on staff was also one of my sister's best friends. Great care, but I'm glad the task of putting sensors on my bare chest for a heart monitor went to someone else.

Three stitches (my first in 33 year) and a tetanus shot just in case.

Crappy experience, but with the exception of a decent shiner, I'm doing better now.

Stitches come out Monday and I'll have a scar to show for it all.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment