Saturday 17 November 2018

Updates


Lots of things going on lately, good and not-so-much.

I just recently had a pre-op appointment for surgery the middle of next month. It's just a quick day surgery to replace the tubes in my ears, but I am a little nervous because of a recent bout of pneumonia. They're going to try and get me in earlier in case I need additional recovery time, and I'm sure I'll be fine, but jitters just the same.

Also, in the not-so-great category, Winter has arrived in Ottawa...Yep, there's now a suitable amount of snow on the ground for boots and it's cold enough for parkas. And it doesn't look like that's going to end for the foreseeable future. Oh well. Maybe time to plan for another trip in May of next year.

And that trip could be a little easier to pull off because I'm getting my contract extended at work. Now, I'll be working until early/mid April! There's still some specifics to work out, but my manager got the go-ahead and informed me last week. If I can, and I should be, I'm planning to change my hours from 9:30-2:30 to 8:30-1:30. I've done it before on the odd Friday as a make-up day, leaving home at 7:15. I find it a lot better, with no traffic and usually no other pick-ups with Para Transpo.

I've also decided to change my schedule for home care, having someone come in the late afternoon rather than the morning or late evening. Partially to accommodate the pending new work schedule, and partly to give me a little more "me time" during the mornings and evenings.

So, interesting times ahead.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment