Friday 30 November 2018

Chicken??



Am I becoming a big chicken?

Something I've been thinking about over the past week.

First after re-reading some encouraging comments two friends made on the post I wrote about dating a few weeks back, then just yesterday when it was a nice day and I was contemplating walking to a Subway next to work for lunch, but was so nervous about potential snow and ice (there was none) that I didn't even bother to step outside.

I wasn't always like this.

Not too long ago I was going on regular trips all over the city with no fear. Now, I freak out at the slightest thought of not getting a seat on the bus or Para Transpo arriving just ten minutes off from when I want them to.

I also used to be more sociable, going out with people, including those of the opposite sex, for coffee, lunch, etc.

Maybe working has made me a bit complacent, or I'm just in my head too often now that I psyche myself out of things before I get around to doing them. Need to figure out how to stop that.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment