Thursday 31 December 2015

2015: I Was All Over The Place


Well, another year has come and gone!

2015 started off pretty uneventful then kicked into overdrive once the good weather came.

Winter and the majority of Spring were a mixed bag of odds and ends. In January, I had a Respiratory appointment that went well enough that the time between my appointments got pushed to nine months instead of six! I wrote quite a bit more on here, including this post which tons of people shared, and this one which is still one of my favourites! Still no work, but had my first experience with actually having to turn down a job (transportation issues).

As soon as the snow melted, I was out and about and making travel plans!

Early in May, I attended the Toronto Comics Art Fest for the third year in a row.


Took the train, got to my hotel, and had another great solo weekend!

I turned thirty the end of May. Was kind of a big deal.

The highest point of the year was definitely the Joubert conference in Chicago in July. I've already written about it at length, so this time I'll do the short version. Gave another successful presentation, got to see some good friends again, made a lot of new friends (including a few other adults with JS!), committed to writing a book (!), and toured a very nice city.


Family photo by Jenni Swenson
 
 
Great group of people!

I made the most of a warm Fall with a trip to Nova Scotia to visit my grandmother.

Where I ate this beauty!
And I also put in some time at the family's cabin.


Last but not least for the year, I gave another presentation. This time, I spoke to a class of Social Work students about growing up with a disability, getting diagnosed with Joubert syndrome as an adult, and how my family's dealt with all of it. Went really well.

So, that's about it. Overall, a pretty decent twelve months.

Already planning things for 2016, but that's for another post.


Cheers, and Happy New Year!








No comments:

Post a Comment