Tuesday 6 August 2024

First Good Day in a Week

 


Last week was not the best.

I developed a cold early on, which lingered for a few days. After that, temperatures here skyrocketed, with the humidity pushing things into the high 30s/low 40s by the weekend! Both events necessitated a week of working from home, which would have been nicer if not for the aforementioned illness and weather.

Things always seem to balance out though, and the powers that be granted me a really good day today.

I started a new contract with work. Same place, but a new position with their Communications team, which lets me write and draw on more of my background and experience!

For lunch, I made a last-second decision to take a quick walk and get some A&W. Great weather and tasted delicious.

And for the past few hours, I've been glued to my computer reading through Knee Brace Press, a disability/chronic illness-focused website. They accept submissions for short stories and essays, so I've also been brainstorming ideas. 

Haven't felt this creative in ages!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment