Saturday 27 July 2024

Necessary Spa Day

 


Often, I can count on a few of my homecare workers to be able to cut my nails for me, since poor coordination prevents me from doing it myself. Barring that, I'll ask a family member for help.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get them done this week.

Not wanting to go into work with gross-looking nails, I brainstormed possible solutions.

It came down to a local footcare clinic or spa. 

The clinic required an assessment on top of the appointment and was a little more expensive, so a spa day it was!

I'd been to Exhalo Spa before for a quick haircut, so they had my information. They were pretty understanding when I told them about my situation, and recommended a quick pedicure, which I booked for earlier today.

Got there roughly on time, and the the woman doing the pedicure was very nice and helpful, even helping me up the two small, but precarious steps to the station. 

I got my cuticles done, nails cut, and callouses (caused by my orthotics) shaved and scrubbed. 

Walked over to the grocery store for a few things afterwards and got a quick cab ride home (didn't want to wait too long for Para Transpo with bags of food on a hot day).

Another good hack for when I'm on my own and in a little bit of a bind. Also, a nice treat.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment