Tuesday 17 October 2023

Embracing the Mouse

 


Okay Disney, you win.

I just recently finished Ahsoka on Disney+ and have started watching Rebels and, nearly a decade since they bought out Lucasfilm, I must admit that I'm now a full-fledged fan of Disney Star Wars.

I've been a life-long fan of the old Expanded Universe (now Legends), still owning a vast majority of the novels, comic books, and Essential Guides. 

In the last eight years, I've watched the sequel trilogy and other films, as well as shows like The Mandalorian. I've liked them, but none of them have given me those same, deep, fanboy vibes like the older stuff did.

Even when Ahsoka debuted, I kind of rolled my eyes at what I thought was just another Disney cartoon turned live-action, but it was seriously great! Good story, good acting, and clear set-up for some kind of future story. What finally won me over was that some of the finale's action scenes brought back memories of the old Dark Forces and Jedi Knight computer games.

Like I said, I'm already several episodes into Rebels (Ahsoka acts as a sequel to the cartoon) and enjoying it. I might even be tempted to follow that up with a dive into the new wealth of novels, which I've so far avoided.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment