Friday 5 May 2023

Tailgating at Camp

 



I was looking up writing prompts the other day to help shake off some writer's block, and found some related to music. Specifically one about a musical memory, a song that takes you back to a specific place/time.

I was in the car earlier today, driving home from an appointment, and I heard Boston's "More Than a Feeling." And that's what inspired this post.

That song, as it always does, instantly took me back to the amazing summer of 2000. I was fifteen and it was the last day of of a two-week Teen Independence Camp session at Camp Merrywood. A couple senior counsellors had gotten a pickup truck and filled the back with bags of chips and cases of pop, then parked it near our cabin. 

While the other cabins were playing Disney music or the latest top 40, the truck was blaring classic rock, "More Than a Feeling" being the song that still stands out in my mind.

Fun Friday post and a little trip down memory lane.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment