Thursday 25 May 2023

Off The List

 


After almost fifteen years, with only one less-than-mediocre (to put it mildly) viewing, I am off of the list for accessible housing for the city of Ottawa. 

About every two years or so, I get a letter asking me to update/keep my file and last year, I didn't. So yesterday, I received a letter notifying me that my file was closed.

I wasn't the least bit mad. In fact, it felt kind of liberating. Like a gigantic weight had been lifted off me. 

Sure it was a bit of a safety net, but between the viewing in 2019, COVID, and the years of waiting, I just got fed up with it.

I have the option to open another file, should I choose to. But, to be honest, there's a part of me that no longer really wants to live completely on my own. 

My family, off and on, have been considering a move in the near future. It might be a much better option, financially and security-wise, to live with them in a place that can benefit everyone. I've got resources to help out, and I'd probably have a lot more control with this than with the housing list.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment