Saturday 11 March 2023

Gettin' Out 2023

 


As if wanting to balance things out before yet another dumping of snow early this coming week, Mother Nature graced Ottawa with a beautiful Spring-like weekend.

With nothing else going on, I took full advantage and booked Para Transpo for a trip downtown this afternoon.

I got dropped off at my favourite comic book shop, my first time at their new location, for some shopping. The new place is a lot bigger and looks great! I used some Christmas money to buy Crisis on Infinite Earths and Kraven's Last Hunt, two classics I've wanted for forever and have never been able to find.

I had booked work as my pick-up location later in the day, so I started walking in that direction (through clear streets and sidewalks, thankfully!), looking for good places to stop for a bit of lunch. About a block away, I found an incredibly nice A&W which I'd seen a few times on the ride home and had made a mental note of. 

Having finished lunch, I took the long way around the block next to work for a good walk and stopped at a café next door for a coffee, a too-big apple danish, some reading, and some writing.

Fun times and hopefully a sign of good things to come.

Cheers!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment