Wednesday 15 March 2023

Down Some Pounds

 


The last few years, weight loss has been a personal mission/struggle.

Immediately pre-COVID, I was overweight, sedentary, and generally unwell, suffering from pneumonia more than once. It was to a point where several of my doctors flat-out told me to lose weight, citing concerns about diabetes and further respiratory issues.

I was referred to a dietician who gave me a lot of helpful tips, and things were looking up, even during the first while of the pandemic. Eventually, I was still on the heavy side, but I was stable and my breathing was improved, at least.

Recent lifestyle changes from my parents have helped with the increased healthiness, as did a relatively active Spring and Summer. 

Getting COVID in the Fall knocked me off the wagon for a while, so to speak, but not for too long.

The new job has been a big help too, I think. The entrance I get Para Transpo at allows me to regularly use a flight of stairs, the office and some of my duties allow for frequent movement and being right downtown, there are plenty of places to walk to before work or during a break.

I weighed myself last night, on two separate scales to be sure, and since my last weigh-in, I've dropped about fifteen pounds!

Now to tighten some stuff up and maintain it.


PS: 400th post!!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment