Wednesday 5 October 2022

The Simple Pleasure of a Simple Sandwich

 


Yesterday was my first day back in the office in nearly a month.

I was up early (really, really not fun), face mask, sunglasses, and mini gloves for Para Transpo so I looked equal parts protected, ridiculous, and suspicious. 

Like this, but more business semi-casual

I had a light lunch/snack with me, but just before noon I thought about my day and how incredibly routine it was/was going to be, with Para Transpo, work, more Para Transpo, home care, dinner, etc., and something started gnawing at my brain and I began to get twitchy. With nothing going on at that moment, I took my quick break and ran across the street to a little hole-in-wall deli for a little second lunch. 

Nothing fancy, just an inexpensive chicken sandwich and a can of Pepsi. Quick process and another quick trip back to my office for a working lunch.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm eternally grateful for every bit of help and assistance, as well as every opportunity I have, but sometimes the shear endlessness of all the extra stuff can drive me crazy!

I'm only working in the office one day a week for the foreseeable future, so I think that while the weather's still decent (which won't be for much longer), a super-quick Tuesday lunch run sounds like a nice, simple way to get up and out, and keep the monotony at bay.

Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment