Saturday 29 October 2022

Gettin' Out: Fall 2022 Edition

 


Gremlins be gone!

After what seemed like a really screwy kind of week, I decided to book a trip yesterday and get out this afternoon.

Since the address was already plugged into my Para Transpo account (another thing I like about their new online system), I chose to get dropped off outside of where I work. I've only ever been to a couple neighbouring coffee shops or delis, so I thought this would be a nice opportunity to explore the area.

Unfortunately, I came to find out that the surrounding area, the Sparks Street Mall, is virtually dead on weekends. However, the weather was great and it was a short stroll to a slightly livelier part of downtown Ottawa, where I stopped for lunch at a not-too-busy Irish pub. Excellent chicken tenders and Caesar salad!

Afterwards, I made my way back to where I'd gotten dropped off and stopped in at a French bistro I'd seen, but never had the time to try out. Meals themselves were a tad pricey, but their drinks and baked goods were delicious and inexpensive. So, I bought a turnover and an iced coffee, picked a table by the window for some people-watching, and got out a book I was finishing as well as a notebook. 

Very relaxing and I think I may have a new favourite writing spot!

Cheers

  






No comments:

Post a Comment