Monday 3 October 2022

How I Spent My Summer

 

Yo!

Fall is here, which means inclement weather, some upcoming appointments, and incoming flu season are just around the corner.

But before I have to think about that, I want to reflect on what was a pretty great summer (minus most of my COVID-y September, of course).

My Summer started a little early, about the end of May, which, given the scorching heat and work-related experiences of July and August, was a good idea.

This year, I can actually say I went and did stuff! Starting with dinner at Bite Burger and a movie night during the days surrounding my 37th birthday.

The following week, Ribfest returned to Ottawa for the first time since 2019. It was kind of crazy, but always worth the walk downtown, pulled-pork sandwich, cornbread, and iced coffee. 

Another two weeks, and I was boarding a plane for a Bucket List trip to Drumheller, Alberta. An absolutely terrible flight was followed up by one of my all-time favourite vacations (bumping out Cuba for a Top Five position!) Dinosaurs everywhere, prairie dogs, too! And mind-melting scenery.





What followed was a month-and-a-half of avoiding the heat, transitioning between two jobs, and getting things back in order to go back out into the "real world", with a cabin weekend and a couple movies squeezed in there somewhere. 

Home care and Para Transpo were both reactivated, the latter of which I was able to use a couple times for writing and some socializing before using it to go back to work in August.

A fun few months, but if COVID taught me one thing, it's that now is probably a good time to start dialing things down a bit.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment