Tuesday 4 January 2022

Safe Places

 


During the pandemic, I've had to be extra cautious about the things I've done and the places I've gone, probably more so than others given my respiratory issues. Even so, I've been willing and able to do quite a bit and venture to a wide variety of places, within reason, over the past 22 months. And I've felt completely safe almost everywhere. 

I wanted to use this post to acknowledge some of those safe places.

  • Favourite haunts like the Canadian Museum of Nature, The Comic Book Shoppe, and various local burger joints like The Works and Bite Burger, Ottawa. Actually, Ottawa's restaurants in general have been great this whole time!
  • Bonnechere Provincial Park, Whitewater Brew Pub, and other businesses around my family's cabin.
  • Cineplex VIP Theatre in Lansdowne Park, Ottawa
  • Ottawa and Halifax's airports, as well as the Air Canada flights I took to and from them.
  • The Hampton Inn & Suites in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, including its rooms and services.
  • Locations within The Ottawa Hospital Network, specifically The Ottawa General, Rehab Centre, Eye Institute, a Riverside campus.
I'm sure there are more, but those are what come to mind at the moment.

With another bout of high COVID cases, and increased restrictions as a result, several of these places will either see a reduction in business or be closed altogether over the next while. Given that, a shout-out seemed like the right thing to do. 

I'm considered "vulnerable" and, from March to July of 2020, there were times I felt too scared to even leave the house. These places, and their employees, have done their best to make me, and others I'm sure, feel secure enough to live properly, even for a little while.

Cheers! 

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment