Sunday 4 July 2021

The "Before I'm Forty" Plan

 



Prior to the pandemic, I was starting to create a five-year plan for myself. When 2021 rolled around, and COVID didn't seem to be going away anytime soon, I kind of went "why bother" and ditched it. 

Lately, I've been reconsidering it. I've only got four years until the 4-0 and COVID has me a little paranoid about the possibility of another pandemic, so better to get this going now!

Work: Within the next four years, I want some kind of change with work. It looks like working from home will be the way of the future, for the government anyway, so I've been thinking about picking up a couple extra hours per week. Not a lot, but just the amount of hours I would've normally spent waiting for/riding in Para Transpo. A bit more money, plus something to do. 

Living Space: Part of the reason I want some extra work hours is because, in the next couple years, I'd like to have a place, or at least a space, of my own. I'll probably never be totally independent, but it'd still be nice to have something, whatever that is.

Travels: Something easier to accomplish is a big, bucket-list worthy trip. I'm thinking Drumheller, Alberta to the Badlands and the Royal Tyrell Museum for some dinosaurs. Or maybe something bigger with the family?

Writing: People keep suggesting that I should write a book. Could be a good idea! Not sure what it would be about though.

Advocacy: Lastly, I'd like to do something advocacy-related if possible. Years ago, before I was even close to doing anything independently, I looked into a Disability Studies program out of Ryerson University in Toronto. With my current background and experience, it might be interesting to look into again, even just to add some legitimacy to future writing or speaking.

There. It is written. Now to try and stick to it. Maybe even make it a regular blog feature.

Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment