Wednesday 28 July 2021

Contact

 


Last weekend, I had unmasked contact with some family friends and extended family members for the first time since March of last year.

First, a couple of friends of my parents were invited for dinner as surprise guests of my Mother's birthday. They know me well and have a disabled daughter, so they were both double-vaccinated and everything went well.

The following day, we had some family members briefly stay with us while passing through Ontario. Again, everyone was double vaccinated and it was a great time.

Despite knowing everything was safe, I did have the briefest bit of anxiety just before my mom's birthday dinner. It was less nerves though, and more like a "There are people here? Really??" kind of vibe. Very surreal!

I still don't feel very confident in going out and socializing just yet. I'd rather do a couple solo outings first, to be honest. Maybe try and get Para Transpo somewhere before kids go back to school.

It's another step, though.

Cheers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment