Friday 16 July 2021

But Will It Get Me An Apartment?

 

Disability Pride flag

July is Disability Pride Month. Nice gesture, and I like the design of that flag, but what's the point? 

Is this month going to help get me my own apartment, or an increase on my disability pension? 

Probably not.

I've done a lot, despite my disability (or because of it), but getting above the poverty line and having a place of my own someday, preferably before I reach old age, would be really, really nice.

Instead of a pride month, day of acceptance, or whatever, how's about some kind of action period where serious issues facing people with disabilities like housing, transportation, employment, and income get tackled or, Saints be praised!, even fixed? 

That'll give me something to be proud of!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment