Saturday 5 December 2020

Losing A Few

 


Last Spring, I had a couple doctor's appointments where I was instructed to lose some weight, for good reason. At that time, I was about 195 lbs., was having trouble breathing, could hardly get my shoes on without sweating and, according to some blood work, was likely on the verge of having other, more serious health issues.

Just prior to Christmas, my family doctor arranged for me to speak with a dietician. My first meeting was via phone call in March. She set me up with a weight loss goal (about 20 to 30 pounds, at least) and gave me some tips for healthier eating. 

Since then, I've been exercising, going for a walk when it was nice out, using the treadmill in lousy weather. 

As of my last weigh-in two days ago, I'm at around 170 lbs. There've been periods of serious laziness, but that 170 has been a pretty consistent average for a while now.

It's a challenge, and I can stand to lose more, but I'll get there eventually.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment