Monday 20 April 2020

Simple Summer Goals


Back in January, my plans for this year included a solo trip to Toronto for the Toronto Comics Art Fest. Even when COVID-19 was starting to get serious here in Canada, organizers were still cautiously optimistic that the convention would still go ahead in May, albeit with stricter safety precautions and the option for vendors to opt out if they wanted to.

The 18th of March, TCAF 2020 was finally cancelled. I'll admit, I was upset. I had spent the better part of the previous year saving for it and had everything planned out (though not booked, thankfully!)

Now, over a month later, and with a few other events cancelled or postponed, I have a couple simpler goals for the summer of 2020.

Before the summer ends I'd like to go somewhere for lunch. At this point, I don't care if I'll need to wear a mask or not, I just want to be able to take a walk through my subdivision and go to either the Subway or Starbucks across the street for a bite to eat. Simple as that!

There's always TCAF next year, so I'll keep saving for it, but it's funny how your priorities can change in a situation like this.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment