Tuesday 17 September 2019

My Bucket List Redux



A while back, I posted my bucket list. A lot of great ideas, but I've come to realize that some items may not be realistic.

See, I don't really have the "constitution" to go on flights longer than three hours or that go higher than a certain altitude.

This considered, I've decided to revise my bucket list to make it more continental.

I still want to see the La Brea tar pits and attend a major comic con like San Diego, but I think attending the Stratford Shakespeare Festival here in my own province of Ontario would be a lot nicer on my wallet and other parts of my body than flying all the way to England to see the Globe theatre.

New additions to the list include the following:

L'anse Aux Meadows, Newfoundland


The first and only Viking settlement in North America. I love history, really like Vikings and that whole time period, and I've never been to Newfoundland, so could be fun!

A week touring The Smithsonian


During the JS conference in Baltimore, I went with the family to DC for an afternoon and walked by several buildings within The Smithsonian's campus. Unfortunately, lines were well out the doors, so we couldn't go inside. I'd love to go back, take a week, and see as much as I can, especially the Natural History building, which now has a Deep Time exhibit dedicated to prehistoric life.

Eat my way through a State Fair


What you see there is a pickle-brat, a bratwurst, stuffed in a pickle, then deep-fried like a corn dog. Next to that is deep-fried Coke. I want them both.

Maybe I've been watching too many shows like Carnival Eats and Bizarre Foods, but for the last little while I've had the urge to eat my way through a state fair (most likely Syracuse, New York, since it's only a few hours away.) No rides, maybe the odd attraction, but definitely all the food!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment