Monday 4 December 2017

A Volunteer Opportunity Appears!


Very fortuitous that I logged into my email yesterday. Not only did I find out an Amazon order I had placed shipped a little early, but I got a request for an interview for a volunteer opportunity I had applied to.

A little while ago, one of the people I'm seeing for employment help suggested looking into volunteer opportunities, both for experience and to keep my resume current. Initially I had been hesitant, since I was adamant on looking for paid employment, but I decided to go for it anyway. Almost immediately after creating a profile with a local volunteer website, I found a part-time position with an organization that promotes sailing for people with disabilities. I applied, and just heard back from them. They sound interested and would like to meet some time this week!

I'm still going to look for paid work, that's priority one, but I've been looking for a year now, trying to find the perfect thing to fit both my interests and needs, which is really, really, hard. So at this point, I'll take whatever I can get. The position's within the overall disability field I'm interested in, it's something to do, and could get me out of the house for at least a little while.

For now, an opportunity is an opportunity.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment