Sunday 31 December 2017

2017 Year In Review


2017 was a pretty good year for me. Lots of potentially good connections made, the blog saw a lot of action, and I had one of the best vacations ever!

2017 was pretty good to me in terms of professionalism. I got a lot more help with looking for work and even had a couple interviews. Nothing yet, so hopefully next year will be better employment-wise!

Lots of advocacy and networking opportunities this year. In the winter I spoke as part of a panel to social work students at one of the local universities, I attended quite a few Ottawa-based events for networking and public speaking, and in the summer I accepted a spot on the Joubert Syndrome and Related Disorders Foundation's Board of Directors.

This year had me writing. A lot! I managed to crank out over fifty posts here on the blog, the most since I started four years ago. A lot of that was because of Blogtober, a wacky idea I had this past October, which happily coincided with Joubert Syndrome Awareness Month.

The best part of the year was definitely the JS conference in Phoenix, Arizona! Not only was Arizona one of the nicest places I've been to (and am currently missing thanks to snow and polar temperatures here at home), the conference was a blast! New opportunities (like the Board position), good friends, and a great hotel made it one of the best vacations I've been on in quite a while!

And that's about it. Looking forward to whatever next year brings.

Cheers and Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment