Friday 17 March 2017

Networking & (possible) Nominations

Last night I attended Entrepreneurs in Action, another networking event, and it went pretty well.  I didn't make many new connections, mostly just reaffirmed existing ones, like with the great folks of Ability First Ottawa, a disability organization I considered volunteering with last summer. Actually, I saw quite a few people I'd met at the last event I went to, so that definitely helped to ease me into things.

I could've been more talkative, but I did better than last time, so that's an improvement. A Jiu jitsu demonstration by a local school proved to be a great conversation starter when I learnt that a man who I met at the previous networking event had attended the same Taekwondo school I had years ago.

The most interesting part of the evening though came when I was informed by a friend that she had seen my name on the list of nominees for the Best Blogger category of last year's Faces of Ottawa awards. Right now, this is unconfirmed. I did some research on it last night and plan on contacting the group in charge early next week to get some clarification but if it's true, it's pretty awesome and means that at least someone here in the city is acknowledging my blog! Will definitely be posting more on this when/if I learn more.

So, all in all another productive and interesting event under my belt and, with the weather we've been having here recently, just a good opportunity to get out, period.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment