Sunday 17 December 2023

Vision

 


I used to find the idea of vision boards to be kind of corny, and I especially thought physically making one would be an exercise in exhaustion and futility.

That changed a couple years ago when, during some of the darker days of the pandemic, I did up a "Before I'm Forty" plan for myself, with some moderately achievable goals in a handful of specific areas of my life to try and accomplish before I reached that milestone birthdate. I even designed a board of sorts, using a slideshow application and Internet photos.

Having already fulfilled a few of those goals since 2022 (new job, Drumheller trip), I thought I would turn "Before I'm Forty" into a yearly exercise, using the same general areas like Work, Travel, Social life, and Health, to set new, more specific, and somewhat shorter-term goals for myself. 

I've been working on my "plan" for 2024, and it seems to be coming along nicely.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment