Wednesday 1 November 2023

That Time I Got COVID...Again

 


A few weeks ago, I got COVID for a second time, and it was a vastly different experience than the first. 

I felt unwell Wednesday morning, tested (faintly) positive that evening, kept my distance from my family and phoned my doctor to be safe. tested very positive the next day.

Unlike last time, there was no fear or panicking. It just sort of sucked.

The call to the doctor was one of the biggest, positive, differences, and went a long way to alleviate any anxiety. Unlike a year ago, where she asked me an extensive series of questions related to symptoms, then went above and beyond to phone my Respirologist in order for me to get the proper medication, this time I was simply told to get tested, and if it was positive, get the same medication (now through my local pharmacy). 

My family got me my medication and some snacks, and I made myself a tiny nest in our basement after notifying work and home care.

Symptom-wise, I had the same bad head-cold as last time, along with a scratchy throat, but I was way less tired. And it all lasted only about a week and a half in total, maybe less.

I just took it very easy, worked from home, snacked and watched TV. A weekend alone with lots of Fearfest slasher movies helped the recovery process immensely.

Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment