Friday 25 August 2023

To the Moon!

 


I barely pay attention to the news now, with everything seeming so depressing and apocalyptic, but recent lunar-related stories have me very excited.

In the last week, I've read about a Russian rocket crashing on the Moon, India's Chandrayaan-3 spacecraft successfully landing on the Moon's south pole and deploying an exploratory rover, and a NASA mission, planned for next year, to have a team of astronauts (including a Canadian!) circle the Moon for the first time in fifty years.

Add to this everything from the last couple years about SpaceX, Blue Origin, and Virgin Galactic*, and I thinks it's so amazing to be in an age of so much space exploration! 

Cheers!

*For the record, I get people's opinions about guys like Musk, Bezos, and Branson (and I somewhat agree), but I still find it all pretty fascinating regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment