Sunday 9 July 2023

Two Decades Later

 


It just dawned on me that this Summer marks three very significant twenty-year anniversaries for me.

First, the end of June 2003 was my graduation from North Dundas District High School. My mother shared a photo of a newspaper clipping from a Facebook page with me recently. There I was front row, eighteen years old, a little chunkier, and sporting a very regrettable moustache. The sight of some of my fellow graduates conjures up extreme reactions of "Oh wow, awesome!" and "Who???" with no real middle ground, reminiscence-wise. A great memory, for sure!

Second, it's been roughly two decades since I had to stop going to Taekwondo, mainly because classes would've interfered with my then-upcoming college schedule. 

And lastly, Summer 2003 was the end of my time at Camp Merrywood. My parents had the registration form earlier in the year, and I could've gone this last year before aging out, but because of college in the Fall, I had chosen to make the previous year, Summer 2002, my last session at Easter Seals Camp Merrywood. Sad, but I was on to other adventures and would be back to MWC years later for Open Houses and speaking opportunities.

It all seems like a lifetime ago, considering everything I've done and been through since then. Very surreal.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment