Tuesday 7 June 2022

Out and About

 


The last few weeks have been surprisingly busy, active, and eventful. Some things I even did maskless!

Two weeks ago was my 37th birthday, and I actually got to go out and do things. A relief after two previous lockdown birthdays! First was a birthday burger and Tijuana street fries at Bite Burger, then out to see Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness the next day. 

Last Friday was pretty well non-stop, with an Orthopedics appointment in the morning (all good, with a referral to try and get a pair of shoes like I got last year), a quick trip to work in the afternoon to get an access card updated, and an evening at Ottawa's Ribfest for dinner (jam-packed and a little bit crazy!) and an iced chai latte for the drive home.

And finally, today I went back to pick up my card for work, and went up to my former office, first time since March 2020, to see if there was anything I could bring home. I walked in and it was like one of those documentaries where a disaster had pretty much frozen some place in time! Photos of a team-building exercise from well-over two years ago (which showed clearly how much weight I've lost since then) adorned the department's bulletin board, a 2020 calendar was tacked over my desk, and a two-year-old box of green tea was the lone occupant of one of my desk drawers. Very weird experience. Then Harvey's for a sit-down lunch.

I might try and get out for some comics this weekend, but otherwise I'm "people and placed"-out until I fly out West next week.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment