Thursday 9 December 2021

Doing Things

 

This last month's been an eventful one, for a change.

Just this afternoon, I had a Christmas lunch with people from work, in person, on my own. Nice pub-style restaurant with a pretty ginormous club sandwich and a Pepsi that came with...wait for it...a plastic straw!!

The first time I've had decent social interactions and done anything without the aid of my family in nearly two years! In one way, it was so weird. But it was also so great to see everyone in person and have a good meal. 

And that hasn't been my only outing or achievement from the past thirty days. 

Earlier this week, I had a yearly home care assessment and was able to get that re-instated starting early next month. I've been glad to have had my parents' help during this period, but getting that part of my past routine back will feel so good!

Finished my Christmas shopping recently, with a trip to one of the local shopping malls, another thing I haven't done in a while. While there, I proverbially patted myself on the back and treated myself to a Payday bar and something I saw online and HAD to try for myself: bacon brittle.

And last but not least, a couple weeks ago I went and browsed around a local bookstore for the first time since last March. I went a little crazy and got more than a few items for myself (normally a pre-Christmas taboo), but one of those books was Villains United, from DC Comics.


I read about this story long ago, and have spent YEARS searching for it in stores and online. So, a once-in-a-lifetime (probably) find!

It's odd that I'm counting appointments, lunch, and small shopping trips as adventures these days, but oh well. It's some fun and good practice for the big Christmas trip next week!

Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment