Friday 31 December 2021

2021 In Review

 

I only realized last night that tonight is New Year's Eve, so here's the annual review.

While not the greatest year, 2021 was at least a lot less apocalyptic than 2020 and provided a little more opportunity to do a few things.

I was able to meet all the goals I had set back in January, with the exception of physically going back to work. Although, I was at least able to enjoy a Christmas lunch with several coworkers recently.

I was able to get a real haircut, browse through a bookstore for a while and, thankfully, see a movie in theatre! It took until just last week, but I got to travel and see my family again. And, of course, I got both COVID vaccines (with a third coming, hopefully early in the New Year).

Like in 2020, I did A LOT of writing this year. Most of it was just for fun, like creating my own fictional Pokémon game and expanding the Scooterverse, but I also decided to do some serious writing again too, with another big series for the blog, a five-year plan, and a post I decided to submit to The Mighty (which didn't end up getting published). 

Aside from work, a COVID booster, and seeing the new Spiderman movie, I have no clue what 2022 will bring and, frankly, I'm setting the bar low. Just need to be optimistic.

Cheers and Happy New Year's!

No comments:

Post a Comment