Saturday 5 June 2021

A Better COVID Birthday

 


Last week, I celebrated my 36th birthday. 

It was my second during the pandemic, but so much better than the first!

Last year, things were only just starting to open back up a little, with an announcement about small businesses being made the day of my birthday. So, no movies, no going out to dinner, and no comics until two weeks after the big day.

This year, we still really couldn't go anywhere thanks to stuff being shut down, but the day was pretty eventful.

A couple decent movies in the family theatre (read: basement) viewed at different times throughout the month, lunch and a trip to my favourite comic shop, then dinner with the family: fajitas and a chocolate cheesecake topped with chocolate syrup and dulce de leche, surrounded by yummy churros!

Gifts included snacks, a Mortal Kombat t-shirt, and World Travel: An Irreverent Guide by Anthony Bourdain, the last book he wrote.

A good day, but my wish would be for 37 to be spent somewhere without my face half covered and hands smelling like alcohol.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment