Tuesday 16 June 2020

Channeling George



I've decided I want to start writing the way George Carlin used to talk.

I have always liked Carlin's funny, observational style, as well as his more cynical, "eye-rolly" (for lack of a better term) attitude towards certain topics, which is something I honestly think the disability community could use, especially in print.

I won't be vulgar, will be more politically correct than he was, and you'll never see any one of Carlin's Seven Words in my writing (I even avoided using them in Scriptwriting, when I COULD have gotten away with a couple), but some of my best posts have had traces of that directness and sarcastic tone and they've gone over really, really well, even when I was afraid they wouldn't.

Who knows, it may be a good way to approach that book idea I'm always floating around.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment