Wednesday 16 October 2019

What Inspires Me


I’ve been called an inspiration, or something similar, more times than I can count by people within the Joubert community. In six years, it’s never gotten old.

What people may not know; however, is how much these same folks, and/or their kids, inspire me.

I love going on social media and seeing photos, videos, and posts from people, whether it’s parents or individuals sharing their personal stories, major milestones of kids and older individuals, or just the everyday, random goofiness that’s good for a laugh.

I enjoy seeing the young kids doing things for the first time, including feats that I wasn’t able to accomplish until much later in my life or still can’t do, like cartwheels, running a mini-marathon, or even walking up a flight of stairs without holding on to the railing.

With the older individuals, especially those who I’ve come to know personally, it’s news of independence that I look forward to. School photos and updates, travels and outings, advocating for themselves, or even things about their own families are personal favourites.

These all inspire me and motivate me to continue to do what I’m doing.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment